- Regaine Extra Strength is clinically proven to help slow or stop hereditary hair loss in up to 4 out of 5 people.
- Regaine Extra Strength may work in as little as 8 weeks of treatment. The Regular Strength treatment works after about 4 months.
- Some users will even grow new hair.
- It's thought that Regaine works by increasing the supply of blood and nutrients to the hair follicle. This helps strengthen existing hair and in some cases can stimulate secondary growth.
How does Regaine work?
Regaine contains an active ingredient which works by increasing the supply of blood and nutrients to the hair follicles, strengthening existing hair and stimulating secondary growth. This produces thicker, longer, more-visible hair. Regaine achieves these results without affecting male hormones. Regaine also make a gentle, non-silicon based shampoo called Pregaine which complements Regaine products by cleaning your hair effectively without preventing your treatment from being absorbed.
How soon will it start to work?
Unfortunately, there's no hard and fast answer. Clinical studies have shown that if there is a response to the use of Regaine Regular Strength or Regaine for Men Gel, re growth can occur as early as 16 weeks.. If you use Regaine Extra Strength you may start to see results after 8 weeks. But remember that everyone is diferent so you just need to be patient.
Is it right for me?
The typical pattern of hereditary hair loss is a receding hairline at the brow and temples, followed by thinning on the crown
Does it work for everybody?
Whilst Regaine will stop further hair loss in 4 out of 5 men, there are several factors that might influence the results from Regaine including:
- The predominance of hereditary hair loss in your family
- The length of time you've been losing your hair
- The type of hair loss condition you have
- The area of hair loss on your scalp
Get into a routine
We know that's a pretty tall order and you've probably got enough to do every day, but if you can add it into your daily grooming routine – think of it like cleaning your teeth – then the results will speak for themselves.
- Once in the morning
- Once in the evening, about half an hour before going to bed
- Leave roughly 12 hours between applications.
- Always use the recommended 1ml dose
- Any massaging of the scalp should be gentle to minimise hair breakage
- If you use a comb, make sure it's got rounded, widely spaced teeth
- Be patient – it won't happen overnight
Don't stop using Regaine. Studies have shown that if treatment is stopped, you will not only lose the hair that grew back, but you'll most likely revert to the previous pattern of hair loss.
Don't try to make up for a missed application. Just keep using it normally.
Don't worry if you notice some hair loss during the first few weeks – this is normal and is a sign that your follicles are making way for new hairs.